Tourist Visa, Travel, Holidays ...
Ecuador > Greece
SCHENGEN VISA FOR GREECE
1. Greece is a member state of the European Union and a part of the Schengen Treaty. These two capacities determine visa requirements for foreign citizens who wish to visit Greece.
2. A Schengen visa is needed when you are visiting one or several of the countries of the Schengen Region (i.e. Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Scandinavian countries, Portugal and Spain). The duration of your total stay in Schengen countries shall not exceed 90 consecutive days.
3. Schengen visa does not apply to Greek citizens nor to citizens of other European-Union countries.
4. Canadian citizens, traveling on a valid Canadian passport, do not need a visa to visit Greece. They may enter the country and stay up to three months. The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of your expected departure from the country.
5. Citizens of other countries are kindly requested to contact the Greek Consular Authorities in Canada and inquire if they need visa or not. Please do contact the Greek Consulates well in advance of your scheduled visit to (or transit passage from) Greece.
6. You have to apply for a Schengen visa at the Greek Consulates if :
• your main destination (the Schengen country where you will spend the longest time) is Greece, or
• you are spending the same amount of days in several Schengen countries, but Greece is your first port of entry into the Schengen region.
7. Applicants for Schengen visa are required to apply in person, before
the Consular officer in charge. Applicants are strongly advised to call
the nearest Greek Consular Authority in Canada and get an
appointment. If you have severe disability issues preventing you from
coming to the Greek Consulate, please contact us and ask for advice.
8. Underaged children cannot apply for visa. Both of their parents must fill out and sign the application form before the Consular officer.
9. To apply for your Schengen visa you need :
• Application (You shall be asked to fill it out and sign before the Consular Officer)
• Valid passport or travel document
• Original Landed Immigrant document
• Recent passport-size photo
• Detailed original flight itinerary by your travel agent. The flight itinerary is to be presented even if you have already bought your air ticket.
• Bank or credit card statements proving your financial status.
• Letter of employment. If the applicant runs his own business, a certificate of business registration (issued by the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations) shall be presented.
• Proof of destination in Greece, hotel bookings or formal invitation by relatives or friends.
• Traveler's Health Insurance.
Please note that the Consulate reserves the right to request
additional documents and proofs.
10. Visa applications may be declined. If faced with a refusal, you are entitled to a written, comprehensive description of the motive.
11. Visa fees depend on the applicant’s nationality and the duration of his/her stay. Process time is 3-15 days.
Fill out this form :
- To make a request for information
- To leave a message on this page and participate in the discussion forum.
- To receive regular updates (Newsletter).
Only the message will appear on this page. Your personal details will remain confidential.